SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)

Go down 
+16
Arnie-Sketch
Jkort
Rebdemdimdox
ihearthorchata
mybluehoodie
lightbombmike
DapperDan
famous_buttsplorer
crithon
jlplummer
goddamnitkate
MrBayless
NHOJ
BaronVonJello
pahnts
neil
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
neil
Admin
neil

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 pm

haha whoa hey dirk that's great but as a general rule going forward, let's keep our art to our own threads! it'll make everything easier to keep track of, and less thread-incest means less thread webbed toed forum babies
Back to top Go down
http://neeil.com
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 pm

hehe, removed, sorry for that, meant to just post a link to it for Jess, because she comissioned me.
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:53 pm

You had me a boobies.... Awesome sketches Jess. Always a pleasure and muse Smile
Back to top Go down
lightbombmike

lightbombmike

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:21 am

You are certainly the Kubrick of the Tavern, that is for damn sure. Is there anything you can't draw?
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:01 am

Ladies and mecha and good things! BOOBS
I'm really excited to see you tackle MECHA, lawd jesus i'm a fan of your giant metal things. more please?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:50 am

Dirk- Oh my god. OH MY GOD HIS FACE. HIS GLORIOUS FACE. No worries about posting here and the link is fine Smile can't wait to see that all cleaned up!!

Dan- Dang the pressure's on now then! Just sucks I crashed and burned on today's sketch but there will be more booby goodness for sure!

Mike- apparently I couldn't freakin' draw today's pose for a couple characters Sad So I would count that

Matt- I am already mentally exhausted drawing those previous ones. And now I'm starting a comic of them. WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Anyway. Buh. Not really feelin' it tonight as I struggled with a "quick" sketch for waaaaay too long and just started to get frustrated. So I called it quits on that portion for now and just kinda sorta cleaned up the background in one of the drawings. Trying to get an idea of pilot seats in these mechs.

DAY 5 - MECH CO-PILOT SEAT

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 6980-day-5-by-blueraptor
Back to top Go down
http://jlplummer.tumblr.com
ihearthorchata

ihearthorchata

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 am

daily Plummer drawings = reason enough to be alive during February
Back to top Go down
http://alexpicar.blogspot.com
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:56 am

FINALLY back to boobies...and also what I originally intended to finish yesterday. Had to redraw the bottom panel way too many times but am much happier about how it looks today. Just sort of a one page gag (or two page really, if I count tomorrow's drawing) of two of my comic characters. Also a chance for me to explore word bubble style and other small ideas.

DAY 6 - MORT AND VERA
No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 7066-day-6-by-blueraptor
Mort is an average, low-key pilot and all around swell guy despite his hulking size. Vera is probably the only completely happy and bubbly crew member and often spends her free time "around" Mort when she's not obsessively focused on re-wiring one of the station's ships as the crew's lead mechanical engineer.
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:01 am

There's just tits falling from the sky today.

Do you have any advice on how to best introduce characters into an environment? I'm okay at perspective, and okay at characters, but drawing characters INTO an environment, in proper perspective, is a damn nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:37 am

Everything is perfect on that page. Everything is just full of life and style. Can't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:52 am

I want more of these two.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:55 am

OHGOD its so good. please keep that word bubble style. it fits so wonderfully.
ALSO the reveal? so fucking solid. i was reading thru it going "ooh someone's gonna comment on her hair and be surprised by the fact that her tits are out, lets read on to see the j-SEX!!! hah... she got me"
Back to top Go down
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 am

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Really good notes that gives me hope I can actually pull off a whole book of a comic, haha Smile

Ty- Honestly...I have no real formula for such a thing. What I found I usually do is if it's a wide enough angle/shot, the background gets drawn up first. The character can come later so I know how to best place them in the environment and perspective. If it's a shot like that large panel I did, I was drawing the characters first since the perspective is kind of negligible in the overall achievement. Once I have a good pose for the characters I fit the most comfortable perspective in any elements around them that just...I dunno...feel right? There seems to be a lot of room for error and non-perfect perspective if you're dealing with tight enough views, and you can just kind of wing it with things that line up.

What I do like that helps plant a character believably in an environment is the point of contact between the character and surroundings. If they're in a chair, or standing on a surface, I really make sure THAT is the part that feels the most believable. It's why I love drawing feet, because if the character's feet aren't planted believably on that surface plane, it ruins the whole illusion. If they're sitting on a soft surface, I highlight that so it really feel's they are solidly THERE. Hope that kinda sorta makes sense? :\

You can look at Loomis drawings and lessons that explains placing a character in a perspective-strong environment, but the shapes of a human body are so round and organic, that there aren't very strong shapes to see obvious perspective in so again, there's lots of room for error and fudging it so it just suggests a certain perspective. I would definitely pay attention to overlapping forms in a body though. THAT's the place the viewer looks for perspective. I'll see if I can draw up some instruction on this tomorrow or something. I always want to sit down and do informative drawing things so if anyone has any requests, let me know!

Anyway here's a BONUS DAY 6 entry WHAAAAAT?? I'm feeling really good today about drawing so knocked out some development drawings of my main mecha, the Corona Obscura. It'll be on the smaller side compared to the others, but I'm going to have more fun drawing it in action since it's one of the fastest and nimble in the fleet.

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 7110-day-6-bonus-by-blueraptor
Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:48 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 pm

holy friggin' cow. i love everything you do!
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 3:17 pm

I have so many problems with posting character in an invironments. Another time i see person drawing background before the actual character. I guess it has something to do with me imagining a char. and the pose first and then trying to fit background to the pose and bodyforms... live and learn. Thanks for the tip from me too!
Back to top Go down
goddamnitkate

goddamnitkate

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Jess your skill at drawing is just mesmerizing. That comic page is fantastic, and the character drawings, and your mechanical drawing is off the chain.

Also, Honey is kinda great. Do you mind if I draw her at some point in the month?
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:29 am

Jess, you are 12 feet away from me right now. HI
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:48 am

Sorry guys, had to take a break from the comic stuff since I was tied up all day finishing this guy. Stick mech foam puppet with my first attempt at flocking Smile

DAY 7 - TAKIN' A BREAK AND MAKIN' PUPPETS

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 7231-day-7-by-blueraptor

Last edited by jlplummer on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 pm

WOW
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Fucking to a puppet hammer in three posts. This thread is a RIDE.
Back to top Go down
Rebdemdimdox

Rebdemdimdox

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:30 pm

NOW I'M IN.
Back to top Go down
http://redmondjfox.tumblr.com
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Where to begin.

That comic page is all sorts of impressive. As Ty said, I've the same problem with incorporating characters into backgrounds (that is, when I actually decide to draw a background), so it never fails to impress me when artists can pull it off in such a natural fashion, where it doesn't look like the characters are placed on top of their surroundings, they are in their surroundings.

That mech design is all sorts of great. Love the distinctive silhouette the design's got going on (those wings really help). The head in the top left sketch looks almost sharklike, which I think is great.

That puppet. THAT puppet. Wouldn't be out of place in Mystery Science Theatre.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:34 am

Thank you a bunch for answering about characters in environments! That was helpful.

That puppet stole the show. Which is huge. Because there's characters doin it. Good job, hammer puppet.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 am

I wish Hammer-Puppet was my friend... -__-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)   No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Time to Explain so I'm Drawin' Tits (THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next