SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dapper's Doodles

Go down 
+16
Ty
Jkort
crithon
NHOJ
goddamnitkate
Garvals
pahnts
ihearthorchata
BaronVonJello
Rebdemdimdox
lightbombmike
jlplummer
neil
MrBayless
Themrock
DapperDan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DapperDan

DapperDan

Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks Lee! Glad you're diggin! Smile Here's today's sketch. Thwip thwip Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Milesw11
Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:59 am

yesssssss!!!!
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:46 pm

THWIP IT MILES! THWIP IT GOOD!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:41 pm

Spidey! I didn't know he was black now. Makes sense seeing all the people calling for Donald Glover to play him though.
Back to top Go down
Jkort

Jkort

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 am

Hey, I saw your name on a kickstarter for the ghostbusters board game today. Rock on! Also your stuff is gorgeous as always. I really like the Constantine piece you did.
Back to top Go down
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 3:10 pm

Oh jeeeesus...you can do GB crossovers ANY day. That Samus is just the raddest thing I've ever seen.

I swear somehow Miles is probably the cuter/more attractive Spidey in all of Spideydom. Not to mention the most bad-ass outfit. Great drawing of him!! Your figures just seem to get more and more ridiculously solid every year (I've been particularly impressed by your Turtles BTW...they have THE most volume and heft I've ever seen drawn and they are PERFECT for the Turtles).
Back to top Go down
http://jlplummer.tumblr.com
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm so tardy guys! One day behind, but never fear, FROZONE is here! Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Frozon10

Thanks for the comments Baron, Bay and Crith! I dig Miles as a Spidey, and think they could have both him and Parker in the films eventually. JKort, thanks very much! I'm happy to be a part of that project, and it's an honor they wanted to use my style for the illos and figures. Jess, I admire your figure work, so I'm very humbled Smile I tried hard to give the Turtles weight and volume so I'm glad it showed! I desperately want to take figure drawing again and study portraiture. The more you know... Smile Cheers all
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:11 pm

How have I not commented on your thread yet? You are a continual source of inspiration, Dan. I've always been particularly impressed with your ability to pare any real-world likeness down to your style and make it work regardless. Wizardry!
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:20 am

Thanks Ty! Sometimes that magic works, and sometimes it doesn't! lol I did this quick color sketch, playing around with sat and lvls. Not sure how successful it is, but it's a learning exp Smile +2 to Photoshop - 6 to caricature, I think. Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Zedful11
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 F1310
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 1:58 am

Her hands are beautiful, Dan.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
crithon

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 9:23 am

DELIGHTFUL
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:13 am

Woah! Splatter House! haven't seen that in a long while! and while I have never watched Constantine I must say these sketches are gorgeous to behold and I must agree with Jenn those hands are beautifully done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arnie-sketch.deviantart.com
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 5:07 am

Thanks Jenn, Crith and Lee Smile I appreciate your comments! I have to post quick tonight, hope ya digs!
Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Mmcoff10
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 am

Dan I CAN'T get over your Miles. Holy hell.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:16 pm

Thank you Pahnts! Glad you dig. Hey did you guys know it's Pancake Day today... Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Manlyd10
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Aw man and I had waffles for breakfast!...true story
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 am

Waffles are delicious too, Lee Smile Here's one from today, lookin forward to the new Peanuts film. The Great Pumpkin is easily one of my all time fav animated things Smile Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Snoopy10
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:28 am

Nice Snoopy there pal.
Back to top Go down
http://mattsynowicz.tumblr.com
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:38 am

Indeed they are my friend...indeed they are. This is one of the most epic Peanuts inspired drawings I've encountered!

P.S. I'm looking forward to the film as well! When I first heard about the movie being made it made me cringe just for fear of how a delicate and timeless strip as the peanuts could be ruined if not handled correctly. But after seeing the teaser trailer (after picking my jaw up off the floor) I was hyped. it looks like it jumped straight from the strip to the big screen. And it made me think of the possibility of a what a well handled Calvin and Hobbes feature could be/look like(if only).
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks guys! Anyone else need to battle this guy today?
Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Coffee10
"One lump or two, Mega Man!" - Coffee Man
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Love it! Just needs an organic scarf, horn rimmed glasses and the Apple logo, and he's a web designer by day.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:51 pm

DapperDan wrote:

"One lump or two, Mega Man!" - Coffee Man

Ooooh tree or four...

Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 N623wTg
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

God, that Snoopy is just so great. I adore Coffee Man. His filter lid cracks me up so much.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 pm

you know i love megaman stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dapper's Doodles   Dapper's Doodles - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dapper's Doodles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKETCH DISCO :: ART AHOLIC WE'RE SO HARDCORE INTO ART LOL it's a life-ruining addiction. our families are broken :: FEB CHALLENGE-
Jump to: