SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+7
crithon
Themrock
DapperDan
y2jenn
Garvals
pahnts
MrBayless
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ty

Ty

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 am

I saw that Anthony Hopkins right away. Your likenesses are improving every time!
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:23 am

Ty wrote:
I saw that Anthony Hopkins right away. Your likenesses are improving every time!

Thanks TY!

For Day 19 I have just a couple quickies but def some favorites of mine.

Harry from Harry and the Hendersons (one of my childhood favs, although to be honest its not really a kids movie by definition)

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_19_harry_by_arnie_sketch-d8ipn6x

and lastly Edna Mode from the incredibles. Love this character and I am dying to see what develops with the sequel. (s long as it's handled with the same care as the toy story sequels as opposed to cars 2 I think it will be awesome!)

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_19_edna_mode_by_arnie_sketch-d8ipojx

Enjoy mi Amigos! tomorrow's first entry will be Mace Windu.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arnie-sketch.deviantart.com
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:53 am

So...I decided to change gears a touch and color up my Edna Mode sketch. Nothing flashy just fiddling around.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Edna_mode_character_study_by_arnie_sketch-d8iqy33

Hope you guys like it.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 5:49 am

Day 20 (8 left!)

First off Mace Windu, One of the few good things about the star wars prequel trilogy (Ewan Mcgregor as Obiwan was good too but this one stands out as one of my fav star wars characters).

I was extremely happy with this sketch at first then I inked and tried coloring it and now I hate it, but it's on my characters list so here it is anyway.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_20_mace_windu_by_arnie_sketch-d8ivcyr

Next, Wallace and Gromit: I know these two didn't really start out as feature film entities but "curse of the were-rabbit" is a personal fav of mine (saw it in the theater 3 times) so it counts!

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_20_wallace_and_gromit_by_arnie_sketch-d8ivdgt

And lastly, Lord Shen from Kung Fu Panda 2: One of my all time fav villains in an animated picture. Gary Oldman did excellent bringing this tragic character to life and the design is fantastic!

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_20_lord_shen_part_1_by_arnie_sketch-d8ive2s

& 1 more of Shen

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_20_lord_shen_part_2_by_arnie_sketch-d8ivecb

Enjoy guys!
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 7:42 am

I was JUST about to come here and tell you to start coloring your work... and what are you doing?
more please
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:51 am

lord shen is RAD. love the forms! esp in the first one.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:50 am

Bayless- Will do man, I def want to color that action Pose of lord Shen and I am planning on coloring the Captain Phillips as well, Wanted to today but just didn't get around to it but more color is coming.

pahnts- thanks!

For today, Doc Brown from back to the future! Probably one of the most iconic film characters of all time and def Christopher Lloyd's most memorable film role (this is my #1, Uncle Fester would be right on the Doc's Heels at #2)

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_21_doc_brown_by_arnie_sketch-d8j0q33

Wish I got more done before my time deadline, today has been very non productive.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 am

Was not able to get anywhere near as much done today as I had hoped but my schedule is getting busier as it is the end of the weekend and I have to be ready to go back to teaching the kiddies their art stuffs tomorrow (may not have mentioned this before and I don't know if anyone hear knows but I became an art teacher since the old Tavern days) so for today here is a quickie.

Day 22, Harold Crick and Ana Pascal (Stranger than fiction)

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_22_harold_crick_and_ana_pascal_by_arnie_sketch-d8j5pow

This is without a doubt my absolute favorite romantic pairing in a film (that is favorite pair in a film that is specifically belonging to the romance genre) And it is also one of the only two Will Ferrell films I enjoy (Elf is the other). Hope you guys enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:16 am

It has been extremely hard the past couple of days to work out anything that I'm more than okay with posting but I am not going to just miss.

Today's character on the list, Rodney Copperbottom from Robots:

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_23_rodney_copperbottom_by_arnie_sketch-d8jahki

I am a 50/50 person when it comes to the movie Robots. It isn't great but it isn't really bad either in terms of all around content but the one place where it really shines, and I'll let you draw your own conclusion on whether pun is intended here, is the visual appeal. This movie is gorgeous to look at and the character design is fantastic, especially in the main protagonist Rodney Copperbottom so here are my meager attempts for today, it has been a busy day. Wish I could've pumped out more before turning in.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Could not motivate myself to work yesterday on any new drawings, spent most of my time coloring my captain phillips sketch. So my first post today will be what came out of that.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Captain_phillips____by_arnie_sketch-d8jg9vr

I wish I had at least posted my WIP of that yesterday but by the time I got around to trying to get anything done I was just dead tired but I am determined for some productivity today.

More new characters coming today asap.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 10:40 pm

I really like your chunky colors! I also love that you did a scene for Stranger than Fiction. I'd love to see more of that if your schedule allows it!
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 12:04 am

Jenn- Thanks! I usually don't do colors this way but I'm really pleased with how they turned out! I may actually do a better rendition of something for Stranger than Fiction, Love that movie!

A few more for today:

1. Art, from Monsters University; Loved this movie and loved this character. He was so random and had zero backstory but he was still memorable and had an awesome design!

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_25_art__by_arnie_sketch-d8ji0y5

2. Mr Stay Puft (this one's for you Schoening); I love the original Ghostbusters and the reveal of Mr. Stay Puft as the destroyer was hands down my favorite moment from the film. Hilarious.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_25_mr__staypuft_by_arnie_sketch-d8ji11v

I was kind of tinkering with perspective on this one, def not my best ( I really need to work on perspective) but I may revisit this on another day anyway.

3. Last for today, Maleficent (Jolie); I was extremely surprised by this film. I figured I'd either absolutely hate it or just be kind of 'meh' about it but it was awesome and Jolie knocked it out of the park.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_25_maleficent_by_arnie_sketch-d8ji163

I may try and do some more tonight but I'm not certain if and how much but you never know.

oh and one more little extra for today, showing my love for Mr. Stay Puft a little more...

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 10270309_10154359798610204_6692581782810564244_n

Got these little dudes(and many more to be honest) on display in my classroom at the school. Sure gets the kiddos' attention.

Last edited by Arnie-Sketch on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Got quite a bit done so far today (snow days are a great perk of being a teacher) so here is what I have thus far:

1. Carl Fredrickson: Up is def in the top 5 for me when it come to PIXAR and Ed Asner's performance was dang near perfect as Mr. Fredrickson

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_carl_fredrickson_by_arnie_sketch-d8jlt37

2. Dory: Finding Nemo actually is not one of my fav PIXAR films but I love how memorable and hilarious Dory was. DeGeneres really knocked it out of the park.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_dory_by_arnie_sketch-d8jlt6g

3. Carol: I love the original children's classic "Where the Wild things are" and the Spike Jonze film was a fantastic adaptation of Maurice Sendak's masterpiece. James Gandolfini's performance for Carol was a joy to watch, especially when seeing it come from those fantastic creature designs.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_carol__by_arnie_sketch-d8jltfj

and last for now,
4. Kaa: The golden age of Disney simply cannot be beat in my opinion. there is just too muc love and passion dripping from every minute of those films. Jungle book is right at the top of that list for me and my all time fav character from that film is Kaa. its wild knowing that the voice actor for Kaa was also the voice of Winnie the Pooh but man he did awesome with this character.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_kaa_by_arnie_sketch-d8jlu2t

That's all I have for right now but I am hoping to work out a few more. 2 more days guys!
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Dude! Loving your studies of animated characters. You're really showing an understanding of the volume in those.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 5:00 am

Ty- Thanks man! Ive really enjoyed doing those, may go back and do some more later on. The Old men from back in Disney's golden age really were something to behold.

The first two entries for today were actually done yesterday but I was so dog tired by the time I got home to post them that I simply decided to wait til today.

1. Prince John: A little more classic Disney with one of my fav animated Disney baddies, the Dandy prince John. Love this character and how memorable he was.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_prince_john_by_arnie_sketch-d8jngsr

2. King Candy: Another dandy Disney villain but from a different era, King Candy was a blast to watch for me in Wreck-it Ralph. I loved his design and I love how Alan Tudyk brought the character to life with his performance which was definitely channeling some of Ed Wynn's personality.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_26_king_candy_by_arnie_sketch-d8jngz7

The last 2 for today are fresh from this evening. Its been a crazy past two weeks, last week was nothing but snow days for us so productivity was pretty easy to achieve, this week we only went into school Monday and Today so almost the same thing except mostly for today. Anyway, here are my last two for today.

1. Centipede: I love James and the Giant Peach, def one of my favorites from my childhood and my fav character from that is definitely Mr. Centipede.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_27_centipede_by_arnie_sketch-d8js3rg

2. Valka: How to Train your Dragon 2 is for me is an example of a sequel done right. It builds well from the original, offers something new instead of rehashing the first film and leaves us wanting even more. My fav new character from this is that of Hiccup's mother Valka. Awesome character with a great design and voiced beautifully by Cate Blanchett.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_27_valka_by_arnie_sketch-d8js422

So that's all for me today, hope you guys like em.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:03 am

Day 28! it has been a very awesome months my friends! Best year yet!

My new drawings today are not my favs but I am decently pleased with them. I am going to do a few more hopefully but I wanted to go ahead and post what I have already so its not down to the wire.

My next characters are Borden and Fallon from the Prestige. I wont go into great detail on these characters in case some of you haven't seen this movie. And also on this submission is Vetruvius from the Lego Movie. I absolutely loved this film and Morgan Freeman's performance as Vetruvius was spot on, I also love the quirky little touches and changes made to his design after he is blinded by Lord Business.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_28_borden_fallon_and_vetruvius_by_arnie_sketch-d8jwfvl
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 1:13 am

Man, did you ever bust out a huge volume of drawings this month; definitely the most prolific of us here. Hats off to a great Feb, man! Loved burning through your thread.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 4:33 am

Ty wrote:
Man, did you ever bust out a huge volume of drawings this month; definitely the most prolific of us here. Hats off to a great Feb, man! Loved burning through your thread.

Thanks Ty, much appreciation my friend! I envy a lot of you guys to be honest, you all give me a lot to aspire to but I'm thankful for your welcoming attitude. Awesome all around!

My last posts of the month:

1. Carl: I love the style and animation of cloudy with a chance of meatballs and officer Carl, voiced by the fantastic Mr. T, was by far my favorite character.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Feb_2015_day_28_carl_by_arnie_sketch-d8jwut5

And last but certainly not least, I am putting the rest of my list aside to do a piece for the one character I forgot to add, but who is absolutely one of my all time favs. As a tribute to the late, great Leonard Nimoy, my last piece of the month is Mr. Spock.

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 A_long__prosperous_life____by_arnie_sketch-d8jxb11

Thanks for the great month guys and gals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!   Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arnie's Favorite Movie Characters (Feb 2015)- day 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2