HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

an illustrated ehmcyclopedia

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ehm

ehm

an illustrated ehmcyclopedia Empty
PostSubject: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptySun May 17, 2015 10:49 am

an illustrated ehmcyclopedia Tumblr_nohjyiNpfa1rvnaggo1_r2_1280

I realised I can't post the stuff I'm actually working on until next month so HEY SKETCH DISCO I AM GLAD YOU ARE A THING have this instead for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://againchild.tumblr.com/
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:57 pm

I know we're supposed to have insightful and helpful things to say to each other here, but oh god, I just wanna go on forever about how glorious this is. haha!

I will say your lovely lineart gets a little lost in his dark coloring for me. I'd play around a little with the contrast there so your lines stand out a bit more.

Just way too cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptyWed May 20, 2015 4:51 pm

The weight in this is so perfectly balanced. I'm a little disturbed, wondering where you clearly must have gotten photo reference of me at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
burnturn

burnturn

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:28 am

I'm disturbed that someone has actually figured out how to put Godzilla in hotpants and make the result look... alluring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehm

ehm

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptySat May 30, 2015 11:58 pm

@Jenn - agh, thanks haha! & You're absolutely right about the contrast/values. It's definitely something I need to work on being more mindful of.

burnturn wrote:
I'm disturbed that someone has actually figured out how to put Godzilla in hotpants and make the result look... alluring.
See Ty's comment. The reference photo was already alluring -- in fact, a little too hot for me to handle. I toned it down a bit, if you can believe that.
Back to top Go down
ehm

ehm

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:23 am

All right, here's some of the things I've done in the last couple months:
(I can't alter these, since they're completed items for a game, but critique & commentary is always rad so)

an illustrated ehmcyclopedia Tumblr_np6osg6KXW1rvnaggo1_1280
Back to top Go down
burnturn

burnturn

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:03 am

You are in a VILLAGE SHOPPE. Which ITEM will you take?
[take adorable cat]
You cannot take ADORABLE CAT.
[take adorable cat]
You cannot take ADORABLE CAT.
[take adorable cat]
[take adorable cat]
[take adorable cat]
[take adorable cat]
You have been eaten by a GRUE.

I can't think of anything real critiquey to say even if these weren't finished and submitted. They're all so crisp looking in that 'classic Dorling-Kindersly book illustration' way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blix

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 am

Few things I'm spotting is the kitten's snoot is a little too bunched up. Could give em a little more space for his little baby cheeks and chinny chin chin. And the size of one of the front legs is off by just a haiir.

Those and the fact that youre art is way too good for the site in question but yanno..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an illustrated ehmcyclopedia   an illustrated ehmcyclopedia Empty

Back to top Go down

an illustrated ehmcyclopedia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKETCH DISCO :: Disco Fever-
Jump to: