SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mat's Incredible Time Sink

Go down 
+4
StrangeApe
NHOJ
pahnts
y2jenn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StrangeApe

Mat's Incredible Time Sink Empty
PostSubject: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 pm

01/28

I had thought it would be neat to at least once, draw a small comic in that kind of Saturday newspaper way.  Sort of like what our pal John does.  Clearly, I can't do it as well, but it was fun to step outside of what I usually do.

Hopefully I'll be able to get something a bit more complex out in later days this month.  Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday are going to be my trash days for sure, though.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B8yhKYMIMAA5Mqo
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:00 pm

I think it'll be fun to see some daily life comics from you! I also want to see how you would pitch this idea. Because I totally want to play Skyrim and Mount your Friends at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:01 pm

hahaha! oh god, we all know this guy

and i agree with jenn--please show us more. you'd be doing us a favor.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:53 pm

This'll be my official submission for today, but I'll try and get another daily out later when I get home.

This is a refined drawing for a poster project.  We have to do musicals, so of course I chose Vagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B82ZOAwCEAEB_Vs
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:56 pm

I knew a person like that in a course I did a couple of years back. Stuck to me like glue.

Also, very interested to see what you do for this school project, as that's great subject matter.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:52 am

Got home way too late tonight.  But here's a quickie about my day.  Not great.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B85A9wXIcAIA4OD
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 am

Some days just bum you out.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B896Iz7IMAA9Ubl
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:50 am

None of these are particularly inspiring ideas.

This is the literal list of features I got for this thing.

-Four disk drives to play four games at once
-Shaped like a dome or plus sign
-4k Res
-Wireless
-Black and purple colour scheme
-Best processor
-Massive storage

...yay

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9DHGcWCYAApxxK

Man, remember that creepy baby doll ad?
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:36 am

Darkest Dungeon is pretty great.  In fact, as far as early access games are concerned, it's pretty done.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9IZ3a1IgAAQ28-
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 2:02 pm

More of these comics, Mat. I'm really enjoying them! I do not envy your marketing project though. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 5:36 am

Squeaking-in in the nick of time.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9NxN3tCYAAlIXd
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 am

HAHA the last panel from today's comic omfg

these are so so great. journal comics can be so difficult to do, and you're killing it.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 3:16 pm

Thanks, man.

Going to have to take a small break from the comics and do some "real" work this weekend, but I'll get back on them come Monday.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:19 am

Some progress on the Siegfried piece from day 2.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9S2akaIcAAL5Ke
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Mat.

Man, your comics are great.

Please tell me you'll be keeping them up after February is done, because you totally have a knack for it. The second panel on day four, where you have the camera above both subjects, to show what they're looking at on the table? That's some damn good framing/composition right there.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:34 am

If people like them as much as you guys seem to, I'll try to keep up with them.  Maybe move them to a couple times a week or just weekly so that I can put a bit more time into them and don't get too behind on school work.

Today I've got a few more poster roughs.  Not totally sold on the first one.  Needs a few more refinements.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9YCwyZIQAA10iMMat's Incredible Time Sink B9YCwuIIMAEHSdi
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 am

Back to comics.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9dM63PCAAAic07
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:35 am

Scott Bakula wrote:
I'm retarded?
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Oh god, this is my favorite one so far.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 4:39 am

Sorry guys, no time for fun today. So here's a boring-as shit portrait thing I did in class today.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9h_VDSIYAUrMla

Again, sorry.
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 2:31 am

I made Valentine's Day cards today.  

They're supposed to look like hearts. Womp-womp.

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B9m2nU_CIAAl7VW
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 am

did you say...

... WOMP WOMP!?
Mat's Incredible Time Sink QuarterlyCompleteDonkey
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 am

I love the depth you got on those valentine's day cards! They look 3D n shit! NICE
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 12:58 am

Thanks, man.

Sorry for being a no-show yesterday.  I will attempt to make amends for that.

But first, let's let's all have a bit of a downer moment and remember that this particular holiday isn't for everyone.  Sometimes wishing someone a happy Valentine's Day just reminds them of something they don't have.

Thanks, social norms!

Mat's Incredible Time Sink B919VlcIAAEUVGJ
Back to top Go down
StrangeApe

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:31 am

Oh, speaking of which, is this a thing? I've spoken to three people in my group of friends who have just broken up with their partners within the last week or so.

Do a lot of break-ups happen pre Valentine's Day? I'd understand post V-Day break ups, sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mat's Incredible Time Sink   Mat's Incredible Time Sink Empty

Back to top Go down

Mat's Incredible Time Sink
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next