SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

F10: Disconnect

Go down 
+9
Garvals
y2jenn
BaronVonJello
MrBayless
NHOJ
Ty
pahnts
Themrock
CogNoman
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CogNoman

CogNoman

F10: Disconnect Empty
PostSubject: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:56 am

Oney Bunny!

F10: Disconnect F5-1

Guess I'm on a 3am deadline this year...
Gonna try to do some multi-day pieces this time around, maybe work on a kid's book. Sooo we'll see how that goes... Ahoy all - good luck!

The flag was supposed to say 'DAY 1', but dunno if it really worked...

Last edited by CogNoman on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:09 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 am

Tried to find a futuristic remix of Birght Eyes to give a proper response to your drawing, but I failed.
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:10 pm

i hope this is for the kids book
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:11 pm

pls stop not drawing now,

ok bye
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Jesus, Conor. You never fail to impress.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:38 pm

HOW IS IT that EVERY YEAR you come back and you're EVEN BETTER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
F10: Disconnect It+feels+at+lot+like+chewing+5+gum+_06d5b65cf3f41a5b4a3df18f56196fdb

I'm so excited for a whole month of you in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 am

The little gooey bunnies are great. I'm digging his armor too!
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:56 am

Thanks very very much, everybody - will reply in a bit!

For now, random doodles. Can't say I like 'em, heh, but I am glad I did 'em.

F10: Disconnect F5-2

I'll be back in a bit!
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 3:11 am

That's exactly how I take my eggs.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks very much, Jenn. The reason I drew the egg was because I actually made my first omelette ever yesterday (I know it sounds crazy, but I had an allergic reaction to an egg once was a kid, heart attack, etc, so I used to try to avoid eggs as much as I could) -- but anyways, the omelette was AMAZINGGG!!! So I made a second omelette today and it was even better. I swear, I think I'm probably going to start eating eggs every day forever now. Quite serious.

Anyway - this drawing here is slightly different from the crap-tastic SatelliteSoda version 'cause, ya know, the rules here are a bit more lax, heh.

F10: Disconnect F5-3-st

Edit: I used to have a sob story here, complaining about things that are going wrong, but I deleted it. Basically, the gist of it was that I used to have a Wacom Companion, I got about 2 months' use out of it, and then it broke right before February. I was gonna use it to draw the kid's book I was talking about earlier (because the kid's book will consist of giant highly-detailed illustrations, and drawing it all on paper is too much of a pain), but since the computer broke, I've had to change plans. Not sure now what I'm going to do this Feb. I also haven't had internet to my house since Jan 25 (the company that provides my internet stopped providing internet to all their customers, they say they're still working to resolve the issues) so I've been using my phone to access internet - and with DDF starting and all, I've racked up quite a hefty data bill thus far so I need to start cutting back on my internet until this internet situation gets resolved. There was about 5 other things going on but whatever, blah blah--

Last edited by CogNoman on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:50 am

That stair-mouth with cutrains for moustaches is super clever!
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks Garvals - wasn't sure if anybody would recognize those as curtains.

F10: Disconnect F5-4

I managed to get my broken computer to charge for a bit, so did some digital drawing before the battery died again. These are possible character designs for the kid's book I'm thinking of doing. There'll be 12 kids, I'm trying to go for the most stereotypical, cliched, politically correct group of 12 kids I can think of... we'll see if I change my mind and try to make them more original later. Also wondering if I should make each kid monochromatic/colour-coordinated (clothes, accessories) or should I make their colours clash as much as possible so they stand out. Debating...

Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:28 am

wow, wonderful
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:40 pm

I want this in my eye holes. Grease me up. Give em to me.
Back to top Go down
lightbombmike

lightbombmike

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:24 am

Hi Connor. You are still the best.
Back to top Go down
ihearthorchata

ihearthorchata

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:27 am

you are a marvel as always
Back to top Go down
http://alexpicar.blogspot.com
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:38 am

Mike! I started writing a gigantic reply to you here and I'm multiple paragraphs in to it now but my brain is just getting more and more tired (it's 4am right now... I made the horrible mistake of giving myself a 3am deadline this year so it's been five days of 4am, 5am bed-times now, yargh) so the whole message is just devolving in to an unending total gibbering downward spiral of a message. So I think maybe I should set it aside for now and pass out? Most of the message is just me rambling about why I didn't contact anybody before Feb this year, which is something I feel very guilty about (to be quick, there's a few reasons... one reason is that, the way SatelliteSoda is currently designed, it's hard to develop any sense of community on there and get people to support one another - particularly to support weaker artists - so I would rather invite people to something I know will be supportive rather than having a horrible feeling like I'm guilt-tripping them in to taking part in something where they might not get the communal support they were hoping for. I believe this stuff can get fixed on SS (the original plans for the site included many more features to help with this kind of stuff), but it isn't yet and it likely won't be this Feb.) There's other reasons too, but I need to stop typing... Awesome to see you here, though!! You're not even participating this Feb and you already have more posts than me, ha... one day I'll learn your magic posting ability--

Bayless: Don't worry, we don't need lube for this. I can just shove it in there. Should work, I think. Trust me I'm a doctor (a doctor of party).

crithon: Thanks for the commenthon, crithon!

ihearthorchata: Oni! We're here again, haha. I have too much to say, but if I had to fit it in one word: Iheartihearthorchata!

F10: Disconnect F5-5

Anyways. Just a quickie today 'cause need to try to get back on a decent sleep sched. Tried digital inking with an old Intuos tablet tonight and... gonna need to practise with it. I'm sure there are lots of people out there who can ink beautifully with these things, but... I'm not one of them (yet), heh.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

I personally love the idea of each kid wearing their own color like cowboy/boarder/black kid. makes em stand out.
also just notice left kids inverted shoes. awesome.
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:08 am

F10: Disconnect F5-6

Thanks Bay - giving the kids each a unique colour (green kid, red kid, blue kid, etc) is kinda what I always wanted to do, but I was just fighting the idea a bit... but thanks for the thought, I might just roll with that. I'll fiddle with colours as I go. Like I say, none of these designs are final in the slightest. Just drawing potential ideas for kids down on the page, will pick my favourites in the end (I can already say I'm not liking the idea of making the black kid a thuggy rapper basketball kid... so I think he's gonna definitely change. He will absolutely keep his afro, though.)
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Hey nice idea of different theme-based kids! Looking forward to see all of them!
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Make the black kid studious, with a sweater vest and some books. Nice juxtaposition with the fro.
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:38 am

Garvals - You're like an unending well of positivity. I've never actually seen inside your body (yet!), but if I had to imagine, I'm guessing that, like, on the outside, you appear to be a normal person. But on the inside, you don't actually have a skeleton or digestive system or anything like that. I'm guessing your insides are filled up with just one giant heart. A giant Garvals-shaped heart, with mutant arms and legs sticking out of it. So like, there's nothing but heart underneath your skin. I'm also guessing that, if you have no bones, you must be very squelchy.

Dozer - Thanks very much. I was considering the same thing... but the more I've been drawing these kids, the lamer they keep seeming to me. And I'm thinking... do I want to make the black kid "the studious kid"... maybe it would be cool to give him some absurd theme instead like the "door-themed kid (he loves doors, you always see him near doors)" or the "volcano-themed kid (things/people frequently erupt around him, things around him are often shaped like triangular volcanoes)" or the "door-and-volcano themed kid". Or something weird like that. Maybe I shouldn't really try to go for the 'smart kid with glasses', the 'fat kid who loves eating', the 'jock who plays sports' or whatever. I dunno. Like I say, my original plan was to make these 12 kids very unoriginal because I kinda want to submit this book to somewhere once it's done and I figure unoriginal kids have wider appeal, but... dunno. Maybe I'll just draw a ton of kids, some absurdly-themed, some totally bland, and see which ones are more appealing...

F10: Disconnect F5-7-ss

Okay... New Feb rule for myself: No more sloppy rushed doodle stuff this Feb. If I don't give myself enough time to finish something by the deadline, I'll finish it the next day or the next week. I won't just sloppily throw a doodle together. I'd rather finish February with one golden nugget in my hands than a pile of brown ones.
Starting... tomorrow of course...
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Really like those kid designs, they wouldn't be out of place in the likes of The Beano (and I mean that in the best possible way). I agree with Ty that you need to do something with the black kid's design, as the whole 'street' thing just seems like a bit too much of a stereotype.
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:00 am

Bigger update tomorrow...

Manhojle: Yeah, I'll change him (I'm gonna change all these kids, just putting stuff down for now).

F10: Disconnect F5-8

In other news, I was looking at places to live today (I'm moving out of my place at the end of the month) and came across a fairly unusual apartment. A quick google search told me that the apartment was both run by and filled with drug addicts (this link here is a former homeless drug addict talking about their various terrrible experiences living there)... but the pictures of the place were gorgeous, and the ad said it had been entirely renovated so I checked it out. And yeah, pretty interesting place. The actual building bore no resemblance to the gorgeous pictures I had seen. The room they were offering was covered in graffitti, holes punched in the wall, etc (personally, I was fine with that, just describing the visuals). But one of the more interesting parts was that the apartment had a closet attached to the living room, with no real lock on it (it had a latch, but you could pop it open from either side of the door). The 'closet' was actually the door to a fire escape. The fire escape was an 'internal' fire escape... so it was a staircase, in the middle of the building that led to every apartment in the building. And presumably every apartment had these same closet-doors-with-no-locks. Meaning, of course, you could pretty much walk in to anybody's apartment at any time. The landlord said that this was how they built buildings in the 60's. I told the landlord I'd think about it-
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:06 am

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

F10: Disconnect F5-9
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F10: Disconnect   F10: Disconnect Empty

Back to top Go down

F10: Disconnect
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKETCH DISCO :: ART AHOLIC WE'RE SO HARDCORE INTO ART LOL it's a life-ruining addiction. our families are broken :: FEB CHALLENGE-
Jump to: