SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

welcome to my eye torture dungeon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
burnturn

burnturn

welcome to my eye torture dungeon Empty
PostSubject: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyMon May 18, 2015 10:50 am

AFTER EONS IMPRISONED IN MY TOMB, I HAVE BEEN SET FREEEE *busts out of flimsy cardboard box, stomps around laughing*

let's just get right to it with some character design that has taken me far far too long to brew up for what it is:
welcome to my eye torture dungeon Dudeman_copy_by_thebuttfish-d8tt8pe

been practicing inking lately, going to BUTCHER this pic
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:18 pm

I love it, especially the face. Is this just a normal suit jacket he's wearing? If so the collar is way off.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Oh no! Don't butcher it! That's a terrible idea. You should just ink it. Good idea, me.

I'm not sure I agree with Bay's comment about his jacket. It doesn't line up with his shirt collar, but I read it as this character's haphazard feel. It works well with his don't-care posture and expression.

I do think his pants don't have quite as much care put into them as his jacket and shirt do. And his feet are a tad too small. Just by a little bit though!

I love his face. More of this dude.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
ehm

ehm

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyWed May 20, 2015 8:12 am

Totally agree, I want to see more of this guy!

ONE LI'L NITPICK:
The pockets on his jacket seem a BIT low; you have them placed at the height-ish of pants pockets, but suit jacket & blazer pockets are usually set up higher, nearer to the top of the hip bone.
To save changing the arm position you might try either having his hands in his pants pockets with the jacket bunched up over his wrists OR outsizing the jacket a little more and making it longer on him. I think doing either one might also really help push the whole rough, slouchy thing he's got goin' on a little further.
Back to top Go down
http://againchild.tumblr.com/
burnturn

burnturn

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:23 am

franks u all for the input, taking it to heart and reworking the sketch based on it.

I've struggled with the suit. It's a future suit, but I don't want to just make it OUTRAGEOUS and put glowing hologram crap all over it.  I just want the cut to be far enough away from actual contemporary suits that people don't simply think I'm bad at drawing suits (I am, just want to keep that secret)

EDIT: I should probably rifle through the dozens of scratchy thumbnails and abandoned drawings of this guy I've been doing for the last TWO YEARS to see if anything I abandoned worked well.
Back to top Go down
burnturn

burnturn

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 11:28 am

welcome to my eye torture dungeon Dude2_by_thebuttfish-d8w2snx

working nights all weekend, that means SKETCH TIME
Back to top Go down
burnturn

burnturn

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:29 am

welcome to my eye torture dungeon Kerryturts_by_thebuttfish-d8yecjc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: welcome to my eye torture dungeon   welcome to my eye torture dungeon Empty

Back to top Go down

welcome to my eye torture dungeon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SKETCH DISCO :: Disco Fever-
Jump to: