SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dennis' Daily Draw

Go down 
+11
msynowicz
Arnie-Sketch
neil
crithon
goddamnitkate
mybluehoodie
ihearthorchata
NHOJ
Ty
pahnts
MrBayless
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 am

ridiculously slick linework. and you have good choice in beer. 312 is fucking delicious

looking forward to more characters!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:16 am

More characters you shall receive! Here's Rodney in a brawl.

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 WnkJtup
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:21 am

ROCKEM SOCKEM RODNEY!!!

those greens are a tad too close... maybe brown up the monster a tad?
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:23 am

MrBayless wrote:

those greens are a tad too close... maybe brown up the monster a tad?

Excellent suggestion. I was a little unsure of the colors.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:24 am

or just add the beige to that section of the arm as well... its a good green.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 am

Yea he's supposed to be all sickly green and rotted looking. I'm gonna fool around with the colors a bit more.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 am

afro
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:16 am

I really love the idea of green zombie bear! You should manage to make him green and work with Rodney's colors. Twisted Evil
noone on this planed did a cartoony zombie bear of green color before... cheers At least i think so... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 4:41 am

Aw damn does he look too bear-ish? He's supposed to be a mountain lion . A chimera actually---a mountain lion combined with a mountain goat and a mountain snake. I probably should have included those characters too who are stitched to his body. I'll tweak his design a bit to make him look more feline if he's falling too heavy in the bear realm.

Tonight I expanded on a character I started working out last year, the Captain!
Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 AEuTfJP
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:29 am

PELICAN PIRATE CAPTAIN GHOST ARE YOU SHITTING ME

THIS MAY BE THE GREATEST CHARACTER I'VE EVER SEEN

also the composition in day five is RAD. keep this UP dude
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Ah i see! He looks like mountain lion on that concept. I guess it's the setting (cabin in the woods kind of thing) made me think about bear! I see he has different cartoon-head shape and those hands with claws...just like cats, haha. Nevermind!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 3:43 am

Day 7: Rodney and the Kodama

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 3ZfnZJd

After his chimera battle, Rodney meets a friend on his walk home. The two bond over a stogie.
Back to top Go down
goddamnitkate

goddamnitkate

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm

That Kodama is enjoying the hell out of that cigar, and it's adorable. And the captain design is BADASS too. The second mouth opening under his beak is a fantastic touch.

Your thread is amazing, and I am excited for more!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Day 8: Famine

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EDc84a0

From Will Vinton's Claymation Comedy of Horrors! Something about a drunk skeleton on sabbatical was always so funny.
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 10:35 pm

You make it all look so, so easy. Love the more muted palette you're using in some of your pieces.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks John! I've really been trying to improve my colors. Sometimes I noodle it for too long and things end up muddy looking.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 1:58 am

Day 9:

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 KvlH89H

Working out some thoughts on a character from last year.Vincent pointed out she looked similar to another Russian monster, the Kikimora in an older drawing so I had to incorporate some of that into her updated design!
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:21 am

I am nothing if not a sucker for things shamanic.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:32 am

I wanted something of a Baba Yaga type witch with some heavy voodoo tones. I imagine she'd be a spicy Cajun leaning on the side of senile.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 am

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 UKx2Mi1

I think I've hit the mid-month slump early. Burnt from work, taking it easy tonight.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:21 am

This looks awesome already. 
Love the trap!
Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 pm

rad
Back to top Go down
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:58 pm

For a brief moment I thought he sucks in Motti.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:01 pm

LOL Dirk he does look a little too Motti-ish. Once I go to inks I'll give him more of that big, bull frog throat.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 am

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 BIfiIu4

More rough sketching tonight. I like this one a lot. I might reorient them a bit to make it more of a poster drawing. Gotta think of a good background.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dennis' Daily Draw
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next