SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dennis' Daily Draw

Go down 
+11
msynowicz
Arnie-Sketch
neil
crithon
goddamnitkate
mybluehoodie
ihearthorchata
NHOJ
Ty
pahnts
MrBayless
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:47 am

good g r a v y
i like these shack environment snippets a whole lot!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:54 am

I am downright envious of these environment sketches. I love how you are composing these. Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.arnie-sketch.deviantart.com
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 am

Thank you guys! Backgrounds aren't my strong suit, I need all the practice I can get.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 am

Continuing some ideas/thoughts with the Kodama character. Not sure if I'll get to colors tonight so here are some inks!

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 KIbTiMG

::EDIT::

I should post this as well

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 MSApp2U

When I said hopefully I'll get to colors, I should have said final colors. To be honest I'm not happy with this one, and was hoping to bring it to the next level with a background and maybe a revised pose. Some better lighting maybe? I brought it to flat colors, but the inks were the best part about this piece so far. What can I do to improve it?
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:08 am

Hmm it's hard to tell.
The only thing i see is those book pages and table lines that i'd color with brown-ish color to separate them from the hands. However it will look a bit out of your style.
Also i would add a simple background with colored lines so it will look faded out but...it's just a random thought.
May be the Rodney and Pokey need colors that will "move" them to the background a bit so the turnip head and smart guy will be on front.
However it's just a suggestions and im too sleepy to explain everything correctly. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 pm

I like Garvals' suggestion to try some simple backgrounds to put them in a space. The inks are killer and it looks fabulous in black in white, but in color they seem a bit cramped somehow. I'd also try a darker background to make them pop.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:39 pm

Both are excellent suggestions you guys! I certainly need to change up the colors a bit more to get a better contrast between the characters and the environment. Waddles will be tough since he's that cream color and he's always looking through the white pages of his book. I'll need to play around with how I have him interact with the book. Maybe darken up the shadows between his hands and the book like Vincent suggested.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 am

Some down and dirty turn around sketches for day 23

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 Q2oQVY4
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 4:52 am

I want a toy of that Pelican. The baba yaga would make a great bobble head.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 am

God, she is SO cute. You're totally gonna get some fanart of her sometime. Way solid turnarounds, by the way!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:06 am

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 J97sGEF
Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 RDiuVeY
Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 XD7DlqX

Started these at work and colored tonight.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:12 am

Whoa. You do adorable toy design too?
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:14 am

Yea it's my day job. This is an IP we have that we don't really know what to do with. Don't tell anyone I work with that I'm posting this lol.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:16 am

Oh jeez, they're precious.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 am

Dude it's absolutely precious. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:03 am

OMG THOSE DINOSAURS AND PLAYSET!!1

I see it will totally will be popular!
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 6:11 am

Also can't stop giggling at that triceratops face at the last picture. "I-im ok guys...".
Awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 am

Sikes is a character who's been around just as long as Rodney Pokey and Waddles, I just don't give him nearly enough love. Considering he's their employer and a character of equal importance, that needs to change. I think I'm finally getting around to a form I really like for him.

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 RQcB28R

For a while he was looking too gangly and old. I do want him to be a frail little weasel, but hitting the right balance of old yet spry and unpredictable.

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 FLvFfcw

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 Q3YkJ37

Not really a lot of energy in these but I'm getting there.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:06 am

Isn't it wonderful when you finally nail down a character? I like him! I think you got that spry and unpredictableness you were going for. More of him please.
Back to top Go down
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Was waiting for him to return!
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Yeah, Sikes is one of your best characters! Glad to see him again!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:06 am

Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 CCqPyPj

Well it's been a fun daily draw! Thank you to everyone who critiqued and gave me wonderful feedback. I've certainly got that fire under my ass to produce more quality work this year. Can't wait for DDF2016 Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dennis' Daily Draw    Dennis' Daily Draw  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dennis' Daily Draw
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4