SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STUFF AND THANGS

Go down 
+11
mybluehoodie
lightbombmike
CogNoman
y2jenn
jlplummer
Garvals
MrBayless
BaronVonJello
NHOJ
Ty
TheChairman
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:41 am

Actually had a busy day one of Feb today so all you're getting is this craptastic Lord Vader that I sketched quickly.
I'll be using this month to thumbnail and finish pages for a graphic novel I'm finally making. It probably won't be too exciting but as always with this group I would LOVE some feedback please.
Much Love.
STUFF AND THANGS B8zy1RMIIAAEqON
Back to top Go down
TheChairman

TheChairman

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 am

I know how it goes, man. Glad to see we both got in on day one still. Looking forward to a month of goodies from ya!
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:00 am

A few people's images aren't showing for me, yours is one of them. Which host are you using?
Back to top Go down
NHOJ

NHOJ

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:11 pm

I'm liking how this Vader is looking, I'd love to see you do a more complete version.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 11:26 pm

@Ty I'm using the in forum image host.
I might ought not ta

RE:Jonkus- Thank you sir. I may attempt a cleaner finisheder version of him actually. His design and shape is so fun to play with.
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 1:01 am

Siiick Vader!
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 4:02 am

Done for a short story a friend is writing. He wanted them sketchy.
STUFF AND THANGS PwASu4t
STUFF AND THANGS MFhppHL
STUFF AND THANGS BYPSwuS
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 am

STUFF AND THANGS Tumblr_nj6gnneiLn1rta3qmo1_500
ill color this bidness tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 7:26 am

Great shapes on Captain! Wish you could finish him in colors!
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 am

STUFF AND THANGS WS4446K
didn't get to start some of the things I wanted tonight, but I got one of these done.
I do this thing every month. Got a facebook page. If you're interested (not promoting)
facebook.com/CheeseSandwichBooks
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:22 am

I had no idea you had a secret life.
Addendum: I'm really interested in seeing more of this, your style suits this family-friendly angle well!
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:28 am

Ty... the things you don't know about me could fill a twitter post.
Back to top Go down
jlplummer

jlplummer

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:48 pm

LOVE Cap's legs and feet for some reason. They're just really fun parts of his design.

Also your day 2 stuff is great. The energy in the figures is really good...they'd make for some awesome dry-brush looking gouache paintings or something.

And hell yeah Vader! Matt Tichenor (Cytosisx) and I frequently go back and forth "re-writing" the Star Wars prequels to completely undo all the awfulness that they are. They wasted so much on the development of Anakin...sigh. So I can't get enough badass Darth Vader.
Back to top Go down
http://jlplummer.tumblr.com
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 am

As a stand alone trilogy, they're fine. But as the lead up? Yeah awful.

I would've spent more time showing Anakin being betrayed or mistrusted. Show that things go south for him now matter what he does. Not make him be this pouty child who wants but cant have.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:02 am

Absolutely love love the silly story illustration!
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:45 am

Thank you Jenn... I wanna take this month to get ahead on a few (have a stockpile) so I'll be posting more.

STUFF AND THANGS Tumblr_nja2a1b6lE1rta3qmo1_540
bee tea dubs... colored
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:49 am

Dude MORE of this! Cap looks great in your style. Loving the angular costume details.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:44 am

STUFF AND THANGS Patrick-Star-Blushing-With-a-Love-Struck-Expression-On-Spongebob-Squarepants

ALSO!!!
some sketchy flash. just cuz i havnt posted anything other than finished pieces yet.
STUFF AND THANGS SoD7vni
Back to top Go down
CogNoman

CogNoman

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 pm

When did you start adding little undershadows in to your colouring? (I mean like, the shadows under Luna the tiger's front arms, and the black lines on the underside of Captain America's hand, under Captain America's chin, under his bicep, etc.)
Have you always been doing that? Well, whenever you started doing it, I like it, heh.

I'm also digging how I can see right through Cap's stomach because somebody's just chopped his belly with an axe. (Not lying... I actually do like that - it's weird to see through somebody like that, but that's what's interesting about it to me.)

As far as the Luna the Tiger poem goes, it's pretty good! The words have a solid poetic flow. The rhythm of the first 4 stanzas feel like something straight out of a Shel Silverstein poem, but the lines "My neighbours hate my tuba because it's loud and it's wumpy" and "It apparently makes their apartment all bippity bumpy" feel just 1% sliiiightly overly-wordy to me for some reason. Maybe it's just me, though.

I'm also not a fan of using the word "all" like that (like "all bippity bumpy"). Like if somebody said "That man is all hairy", "That cat is all orange", "That car is all speedy"... these don't sound right to me when I read them (the word "all" is unnecessary in all those sentences). Although I think people do actually speak like that in real life. Anyway, this is totally personal preference, obviously. I would maybe replace 'all' with 'go' or 'bounce', but whaaaatever, no need to change it or anything, it's all good either way.

Good to see all you again, Bayless-
Back to top Go down
lightbombmike

lightbombmike

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:15 am

The tiger, story book look fits your work really well sir. Your shapes and sensibilities are construction paper cut out friendly to the max.

Also, the thing I was most looking forward to with this board, besides all the great art, was some Ty/Bayless interactions. And already I have been rewarded.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:11 am

As I play more with this lineless style I found that A.) it was inevitable, I had to start using SOME lines to dictate certain elements like in between fingers and subtle lines and folds. and B.) that if I added a small "drop shadow" behind the image, moved a pixel or two over, that it accents it nicely, lifting it off the page better.

I wanted to draw some awesome shit tonight (I have yet to start my thumbnails at all) but it seems that my attention was diverted.
STUFF AND THANGS 7AccXOk
THE TRIANGANATI IS REAL
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:19 am

Howdy, BayBay! I like the evolution of your lineless, angular approaches. The Cap piece is phenomenal, and I agree with the others who have stated that the tiger piece really gels well with your style.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
ihearthorchata

ihearthorchata

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:34 am

rad Cap is super rad. maybe it's just my monitor but his left eye (our right) seems to be blending in to his skin? so maybe darken it a bit?
Back to top Go down
http://alexpicar.blogspot.com
MrBayless

MrBayless

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:09 pm

yeah... i might've gone too neon sky blue on those babys
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 9:03 pm

Diggin all this line energy Bay! Fluid work Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

STUFF AND THANGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: STUFF AND THANGS   STUFF AND THANGS Empty

Back to top Go down

STUFF AND THANGS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next