SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff

Go down 
+13
Jkort
Ty
pahnts
MrBayless
NHOJ
Rikert
Themrock
jlplummer
mybluehoodie
neil
msynowicz
y2jenn
Garvals
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Garvals

Garvals

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Empty
PostSubject: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 11:41 am

So...let's start.
Every February im learning something new and every F. has its own theme. It seems that this february i will be doing mostly skeletal animations.
Or may be not. However for now i have 2 characters planned to animate.

Long time ago i did this crappy sketch-idea in Spine because i knew it will be helpful someday.

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Subbot

So i planned to make 2 "SUBMARINE" - based characters - one enemy and one boss.

The enemy will be this fish riding an exoskeleton-thing.

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Fishh

The boss was a bit longer to come up with because it should be really "heavy" animation with tons of tiny details and even hand-drawn effects like "smoke".

1)
Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Shark1

2)
Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Shark2

3)
The final design - i will be drawing and animating this version:

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Shark3

PS:

Also finally tried to do meshes in Spine for a first time in life. The project i was animating for had limited animation so i wasn't allowed to use meshes yet.
They can be super helpful if you need to animate clothes, capes, some weird stuff or even make a picture look 3D in motion.
So i started with simple practice - SONOKK THE CHARACTUR flag standing on a tiny floating ground.

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Mesh

Anim:

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sflag

I know it looks shitty. I even "broke" that wooden stick-thing that holds the flag, but at least now i understand how to use and animate meshes so it will be easier later.
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 5:12 pm

I love seeing your sketches so much. It's like being in on a huge secret. haha! The flag animation is really interesting. I've never tinkered with spine animation, so it's neat getting to see a little behind the scenes with that too.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:47 pm

Oh man! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the sub. So many neat little features.
Back to top Go down
http://mattsynowicz.tumblr.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Thanks!

Today i had some non-art stuff to do so i may not finish colored version in time so here are some clean sketches of robo shark boss.

The very first animation will be the "start" where Captain Fish will be put into roboshark by "the claw".

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkstart

idle

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkidle

attack (may be he will be shooting an anchor out of his mouth too, but that's a bit illogical-there is no place for that anchor inside of robo-body)

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkattack

PS:
Each piece is already separated for animation (NOT really...there will be way more pieces like eyebrow and different eyes and etc and etc etc):

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Cutshark
Back to top Go down
neil
Admin
neil

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:35 pm

garvals you are insane. SEVERELY looking forward to your month!
Back to top Go down
http://neeil.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 11:24 pm

thanks Neil! im following yours as well - love your comics and colors!
PS:
it's 3 february already here. I will be doing some other stuff today so here is a placeholder - lineart of that shark.

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharklines
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:21 am

This Spine mumbo jumbo is grabbing my by the balls. You're getting fantastic results and I'm getting a major urge to jump headfirst into Spine because of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
jlplummer

jlplummer

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:44 pm

I love robot shark machine and his little hat!!
Back to top Go down
http://jlplummer.tumblr.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Thanks!

Couldn't find time for it today. Found some time for color finding process before bed (i know they are too bright..will fix it). (probably will stay late and finish clean coloring thought)

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharktweak

Tomorrow i should get up early to do some non art-stuff, but coloring such a little thing wouldn't take too much time so tomorrow i probably will post few first animation tries! THE HYPE IS REAL!

cyspixels wrote:
This Spine mumbo jumbo is grabbing my by the balls. You're getting fantastic results and I'm getting a major urge to jump headfirst into Spine because of it!
Give it a try!
Draw a simple character with separated limbs, and download free version to test it. You will be sucked in immediately!
Back to top Go down
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 pm

It's not too bright. The dark blue eats a lot of the brightness of yellow and red away.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:13 pm

I was trying to build some bright colors around this dark blue body - it was an idea of this palette, glad it works!
Back to top Go down
Rikert

Rikert

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 12:59 am

awesome shark, nice seeing another month of your stuff
Back to top Go down
http://rikert93.wix.com/portfolio
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:06 am

Your ability to take something like a mechanical shark --something that has been done so much to the point of being a cliché-- and turn it into something uniquely 'Garvals' is why I love your work.
Back to top Go down
MrBayless

MrBayless

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 am

WHOAwhoaWHOAgarvals
Sawnuhk the BlueThing is my OC. Did you just steal?
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:56 am

I am hella fucking impressed. I also really love that you're doing animation stuff! GEEZUS I know I'm not the first to say it but your colors are so beautiful.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Wow thanks so much people! Much appreciated!

PS:
BAYLESS --> HE'S MINE AND YOU KNOW IT I HATE YOU!!!1
PPS:
Another placeholder-preview.

also looking at this preview without upper-jaw/head part...Hmm i really think that may be a more "blunt-Piranha head" fits this design better than a shark head...

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkpreview

PPPS:
(did a quick sketch)
ok may be shark is better...
Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Piranha

Last edited by Garvals on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 2:36 pm

uhh but piranha also sounds fun and the most of all - UNIQUE
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Did a sketch animation..wanted to see how all those parts will move in motion (especially mouth)...
Will do some better timing - ones tomorrow. Also i think background legs should be in other color.

PS:

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkbot
Back to top Go down
neil
Admin
neil

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 7:59 pm

garvals. GARVALS. I have no words. this is incredible
Back to top Go down
http://neeil.com
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 8:09 pm

You are a ROBOT MAN.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 9:25 pm

G*DD*MM*T that's awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://mattsynowicz.tumblr.com
Jkort

Jkort

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 3:01 am

I am amazed by this. Love the color palette, and animation, and design, and hell EVERYTHING. Missed seeing you around Garvals.
Back to top Go down
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 4:11 am

So awesome my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arnie-sketch.deviantart.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Whoa thanks for feedback everybody!

Was working on animation today...i think im done with it. This "lazy" smoke and clouds bother me, but if i will be drawing hand drawn frame by frame smoke animation it will stretch to the next day so im done with it.

1) Idle

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff C8302133711134.56b4a9dcf2c31

2) Attack

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Bf07cd33711134.56b4a9ddaa1aa

3) Jump

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff 7b7ed133711134.56b4a9de19d0e

and the attack.gif again to show some details-closeup

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Sharkbotattack
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 4:01 pm

You easily have the winning thread this year, Garvals. You're marvelous.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff   Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Garvals and Robo Factory of stuff
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next