SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!

Go down 
+12
NHOJ
Themrock
BaronVonJello
DapperDan
Garvals
mybluehoodie
CaptainChants
neil
pahnts
Ty
y2jenn
msynowicz
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
msynowicz

msynowicz

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 2:16 pm

I've been kicking around a relatively new short story in my head for a few weeks, and I want to use this month to visually develop the world and the characters. This will include environments, props, logos, character turns, etc... If anyone sees me posting any fan art here please ban me from the thread (I'm looking at you Neil). I will have something up in a bit!
Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! CZPyLzd

Last edited by msynowicz on Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 27 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mattsynowicz.tumblr.com
msynowicz

msynowicz

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 4:24 pm

I don't have names for anyone yet, but I've been referring to these two as PR, and BF. I imagine things will stay pretty sketch as I won't have a /ton/ of time to work on these.

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! PAdMvQr
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 5:23 pm

I'm SO down with this idea! I'm excited to see some of your sketches. These two are pretty adorable, and your ability to stay on model is always impressive. But yeah, I love your fanart pieces, but I'm so stoked to see your original stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 6:22 pm

y2jenn wrote:
I'm SO down with this idea! I'm excited to see some of your sketches. These two are pretty adorable, and your ability to stay on model is always impressive. But yeah, I love your fanart pieces, but I'm so stoked to see your original stuff!

It will mean my doom if I keep doing fan art, but I am looking forward to having 29 days worth of sketches on this subject. I will /hopefully/ have a rough environment sketch for tomorrow. Thanks Jenn!
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:18 pm

This looks great! An acquaintance of mine once did a pitch for a Bigfoot / ranger property for Canadian TV. It was kind of a Yogi Bear / Jack Links Messin' With Sasquatch style property. This reminds me of that, but looks interesting in entirely different ways. Excited to see where you head!
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Ty wrote:
This looks great! An acquaintance of mine once did a pitch for a Bigfoot / ranger property for Canadian TV. It was kind of a Yogi Bear / Jack Links Messin' With Sasquatch style property. This reminds me of that, but looks interesting in entirely different ways. Excited to see where you head!

Definitely different than Yogi Bear. In my head at the moment it's a bit more serious, and I'd like to be able to tell the story through images alone as I'm not that great at natural dialogue. It would sort of force me to pay attention to the images more.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:38 pm

Day 2 we have a chunk taken from the earth where I would like the story to take place.
Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Tumblr_o1xkvh6QDw1qfbur3o1_1280
Back to top Go down
pahnts

pahnts

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Oh my god I LIVE for environment studies and samples like these.

Beautiful, Matt. I'm movin' in.
Back to top Go down
http://pahnts.tumblr.com
neil
Admin
neil

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:39 pm

these look great! fun fact, apparently decades ago my boss was one of those forest fire observer guys and would spend 10 hour days waiting for anything at all to happen. alright that's not really a fun fact or a particularly complete one, either way these look great
Back to top Go down
http://neeil.com
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:28 pm

pahnts wrote:
Oh my god I LIVE for environment studies and samples like these.

Beautiful, Matt. I'm movin' in.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Plan on seeing more. I'm going to do a more detailed version of the areas mentioned in my little sketch up there.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:01 pm

neil wrote:
these look great! fun fact, apparently decades ago my boss was one of those forest fire observer guys and would spend 10 hour days waiting for anything at all to happen. alright that's not really a fun fact or a particularly complete one, either way these look great

Thanks Neil. I would be TERRIBLE at that job. I'd just fall asleep or jerk it all day until a fire showed up. Whatever makes time go faster.
Back to top Go down
CaptainChants

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 pm

You make me SICK.

These are so good.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:29 pm

CaptainChants wrote:
You make me SICK.

These are so good.

Haha! Awesome. Thanks Chants!
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:18 am

FUCK
I love that landscape work and those rocks are tasty food for my eyeballs
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 2:03 pm

cyspixels wrote:
FUCK
I love that landscape work and those rocks are tasty food for my eyeballs

Thanks Matt! I can't wait to do some interior shots. Environments are fun!
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Day 003: Hunters. I wanted some contrast here. Sure one is cute, but maybe you hate him a little too?

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Tumblr_o1z6sxutN21qfbur3o1_1280
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:02 pm

When I was looking at this on my phone I was so stoked that this was maybe father and son, and the son just also had a moustache.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Ty wrote:
When I was looking at this on my phone I was so stoked that this was maybe father and son, and the son just also had a moustache.

I don't see why not!
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:06 pm

The little one looks like a man in his 30s. So i dont see how its illogical (also imagine him with hipster haircut and plaid shirt and he will even look like he's late 20s). May be father "made" him when he was younger (than the age when kids often being made (go figure)) so they have this weird look alike.
I love this thread! Will be happy to see other characters.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Garvals wrote:
The little one looks like a man in his 30s. So i dont see how its illogical (also imagine him with hipster haircut and plaid shirt and he will even look like he's late 20s). May be father "made" him when he was younger (than the age when kids often being made (go figure)) so they have this weird look alike.
I love this thread! Will be happy to see other characters.

I could age up the taller guy too giving him some gray on the 'ol horseshoe.
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:43 pm

No no, to clarify for Garvals I meant like, it's literally a nine year old kid with a moustache.
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Ty wrote:
No no, to clarify for Garvals I meant like, it's literally a nine year old kid with a moustache.

It's settled.
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 6:19 am

As you know, I fav all these on the other social medias, but I wanted to say I love what you've been cooking up. In the past few years your game has gotten A+ strong. Kudos Matt!
Back to top Go down
msynowicz

msynowicz

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 5:20 pm

DapperDan wrote:
As you know, I fav all these on the other social medias, but I wanted to say I love what you've been cooking up. In the past few years your game has gotten A+ strong. Kudos Matt!

Bah! Thanks Dan. You are way too kind.

Also here's Day 4:  The Hunter’s Truck. With the teeny one for scale.

Just to preface a bit, I hate drawing vehicles. I'm not a car guy. Things with wheels beyond the Ecto-1 are boring to me.

Also, fun Matt Fact: I used to own a truck that looked very similar to this. It's probably the reason I'm not a vehicle guy.

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Tumblr_o216kmzEj01qfbur3o1_1280
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! EmptyFri Feb 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Always loved rusty classic american cars. You did a great jobe on this one.
(may be i love rusty cars just because i never owned any of them)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!   Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt's pretending to be a vis dev artist for a month! Day 29: Thanks Everyone!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next