SKETCH DISCO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth

Go down 
+13
mybluehoodie
DapperDan
crithon
ihearthorchata
goddamnitkate
lightbombmike
MrBayless
NHOJ
Jooosh
pahnts
Ty
BaronVonJello
y2jenn
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:42 am

Oh God KEEP THESE COMING! Darkwing's villains are looking soooo good in your style. Get these sumbitches colored!
Back to top Go down
goddamnitkate

goddamnitkate

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:18 am

I'm with everyone on your colors! You're really great at balancing a ton of them. It's always eye-catching and never looks obnoxious.

ALSO, those Darkwing Duck villains are FABULOUS. Looking forward to seeing them finished!
Back to top Go down
ihearthorchata

ihearthorchata

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:00 am

do you go straight to inking after that stage of sketching? or do you go and clean it up a bit?
Back to top Go down
http://alexpicar.blogspot.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks a lot guys!

do you go straight to inking after that stage of sketching? or do you go and clean it up a bit? wrote:
Yes of course i do a cleanup before inking...In fact - clean up is the most important and frustrating part to me. All depends on how good i did a cleanup-thing. If clean sketch don't look like a gray smooth lineart - i won't start linearting. The lineart and coloring stages go a lot faster...almost like 1 stage...

Finally had some time to return to february. Hopefully will finish something else today.

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 006__quackerjack_by_garvals-d8gzzid
Back to top Go down
crithon

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Oh this is just perfect
Back to top Go down
DapperDan

DapperDan

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Quacker Jack is my fav DWD villain, looks amazing in your style. Kudos!
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Thank you!
PS:
It's the next day here so posting these - supposed to finish that Megavolt but it didn't happened due to stuff.
Also super scared about that Benedict-head sketch...it will probably look a lot more cartoony at the end because of my simplicity...eh (may be i should watch tons of comicbook faces before finishing him so i will ditch my cartoonity for a while)

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 7160-0078-sketchdump-by-garvals
Back to top Go down
mybluehoodie

mybluehoodie

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:31 am

Heavily digging the fried Megavolt look. Electricity fucking hurts, y'all. Trust me. hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybluehoodie.com
NHOJ

NHOJ

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Christ, I'm not even a fan of Darkwing Duck (I know, I know...) but you are nailing these.

That Quacker Jack is absolutely gorgeous. I LOVE your use of colour, and the subtle bits of blur (as well as your choice of colour for the lines) really send it over the top. Fantastic work.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks! Im not a fan of DD myself...was nuts over Duck Tales mostly, but i love characters from that show.
PS:
Megavolt. Don't like it...may be because of blue colors. Or may be the character is too skinny so there are too many empty spaces on the picture or may be i was putting it for "will finish it later" too many times so i got sick of it.

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 007__megavolt_by_garvals-d8h843d
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:28 am

It doesn't quite have the energy of your other pieces, but it's still a great representation of him! His sneer is so spot on. Also, unf, dat Benedict.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 am

Yeah i was hoping to draw Benedict during this february. May be i'll draw him twice!
Back to top Go down
BaronVonJello

BaronVonJello

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:45 pm

WHERE ARE YOUR UPDATES, BOY?
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:58 pm

Im busy with drawing for a client. It's so exausting sinse i need to do few finished/colored pictures 1 day. 
I guess i could just upload sketches here but im so into finished stuff so i won't uploaded anything yet.
PS:
Actually right now im linearting the next picture because today i had more of free time!  bounce
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:11 am

012: Benedict. Something is horribly wrong with this picture, may be his hands anatomy or colors.

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Benedict12

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Bend1
Back to top Go down
Jkort

Jkort

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 am

I haven't dropped in here yet to tell you how amazing your darkwing duck villains are. But you knew that already, because they look great. It never hurts to hear it again though, so kudos those guys are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 4:43 am

Thanks Jkort!

Finally finished some stuff so i will be less busy for the rest of the month...time to go back to february.

Ceratops-punks.

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Triceras

Falcor

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Falcor
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:36 am

Your sketches and how different they are from your finished work really help give some insight to your thought process.

The ceratops on the left is awesome, with the hair.
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:47 am

Thanks Ty!

Returned to those ceratopses and decided to draw the whole gang of them. So there will be 4 characters.
May be i will draw their rivals - the gang of Raptors. However raptors seems to be a challenging thing sinse they never looked so interesting to twist-kind of dinosaurs due to their less crazy appearance.

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Cers1

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Cers2

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Ceratopunks

Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:05 am

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Cerartopsians_by_garvals-d8j166q
Back to top Go down
Themrock

Themrock

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Love all of 'em!
Back to top Go down
y2jenn

y2jenn

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 am

I always always love our dinosaur characters. It's so much fun getting to see your sketches. That Falkor is one of my favorite things you've done so far this month. I can't wait to see that finished up.
Back to top Go down
http://y2jenn.deviantart.com/
Arnie-Sketch

Arnie-Sketch

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 am

I absolutely love the progression of these um ..ceratops designs. Your forms are so vivid and I love how clean your lines and colors are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.arnie-sketch.deviantart.com
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks a lot people! Will draw the next line if i find time till the end of feb. (even if i will not).
Back to top Go down
Garvals

Garvals

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 5:35 am

office clerks and jerks

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Offic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth   Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Garvals and Digital Pen of Gelroth
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next